The BIG AWARD
What is it?
Run by a social enterprise, the Bullying Intervention Group (BIG), the BIG AWARD is the fist National Award for Bullying Intervention. The award recognises where schools and services take bullying and inclusion seriously and shows that schools are working to an externally agreed standard to become a ”Bullying Intervention Group school or organisation”. The programme will help schools comply with the Equality Act 2010 and encourage them to embed and maintain good bullying management practice.
Why aim for the award?
- A recognisable award demonstrates that your school or service takes bullying seriously enough to work towards accepted good practice.
- It gives parents and children/young people confidence in your approach to bullying
- It will help improve attainment and wellbeing
- It provides skills and knowledge to your staff
- Existing Local Authority accreditation awards will be recognised within the new award scheme
How do I apply?
To be eligible for the BIG AWARD schools must pay a registration fee to join the membership scheme. Fees range from £150 to £350 depending on whether the school is a primary or a secondary/academy and depending on the number of pupils at the school. Once a school has signed up they will receive online access to all resources to help them achieve the award. Training events, news updates and the latest informaton and skills on addressing bullying will be provided.
Schools can find more information about the BIG AWARD and sign up online at www.bullyinginterventiongroup.co.uk